CHECK FOR OUTAGES
If your NBN isn’t working, it may be because of an unexpected network outage in your area, or it might be a disruption due to maintenance.
Check your modem
- Is your modem power light on?
- Make sure your modem is plugged into a PowerPoint that’s switched on, and that the modem’s power button (if it has one) is on
- Check your modem’s power cables are inserted correctly
Check your Ethernet cable if you’re using one
- Check your Ethernet cable is securely plugged into the yellow LAN port on your modem, and the Ethernet port on your computer or device.
- Does your cable have any breaks, exposed wires or damage? If so, you need to replace it.
- If you checked these and you still can’t connect, restart your device, and try connecting again.
- If that doesn’t work, turn the device off completely for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try connecting
Is more than one device slow?
- If multiple devices are slow or intermittent, turn them all off. Then turn them back on one at a time: connect each one to the network and watch to see which one(s) slow down the connection.
- If the connection problem only happens after you connect a specific device, then it’s probably that device – not your broadband connection.
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
Remove the power cable from your modem for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for the modem to settle and go ‘green’, now check to see if your devices are connecting. This is a ‘reboot’ and can often solve connection problems.
What do the lights on my modem mean?
- A solid green light usually means you’re connected to the internet.
- A blinking green light usually means that data is being transmitted through the connection, so if the Wi-Fi light is blinking green, it means a device is already ‘talking’ to your modem.
- A red light usually means it can’t connect to the network.
- Try rebooting your Modem.
- A red online light can mean the modem can’t authenticate username and password.
- A blue light usually means services are attempting to connect to the network. Allow up to 10 minutes for services to connect.
STILL CAN’T CONNECT?
Call us at 1300 677 406